If you want to get a glimpse of tomorrow today, look to the life sciences.
Much of the key scientific experimentation, and most of the discoveries and innovations that will impact the quality and longevity of our lives tomorrow, come from this sector.
Most companies and organizations in the life sciences have several things in common, including:
- Advanced laboratory and other technology with greater power demands than those of other kinds of facilities.
- Fragile experimentation that would be jeopardized by even the smallest interruption or fluctuation of the power supply.
- A need for tightly controlled laboratory conditions including low voltage temperature controls, lighting controls, and more.
- An intensified need for fire alarm systems and security systems, depending on the type of experimentation and substances involved.
- An enhanced need for access control systems.
In the life sciences, laboratories are commonly equipped with lines supplying combustible and toxic gases used in experiments. Air monitoring systems and gas detection technology are critical safety components designed to protect lives and help minimize damage to infrastructure.
Feyen Zylstra can design and install gas detection and air monitoring systems from single point applications to integrated plant and facility-wide systems. Our experience includes systems for monitoring oxygen deficiency and enrichment and detecting combustible and toxic gases in a wide variety of industries.
Feyen Zylstra has extensive experience in the construction and renovation of life science facilities. We are accustomed to meeting the power needs of industries to which the most reliable power is critical. And we also have extensive knowledge of low voltage systems including laboratory controls, communications, temperature control, security, and others that may well be part of the project.
Fiber optic cabling
Plant-wide network cabling
Data acquisition/data logging
Smart energy decisions
Additional services and solutions