As with many large projects, replacing or upgrading your press can come with many pros and cons. It is up to your business's outcomes, strategy, and values to decide if it is worth pursuing a press upgrade.
- Improves operator safety
- Reduces downtime
- Simplifies and streamlines operator process (sequence of operations is complex)
- Reduces the need for extra manpower
- Increases production
- Increases reliability
- Ensures compliant operations (NFPA 70 National Electric Code and ANSI B11 standards)
- Reduces repair time and cost with off-the shelf components
- Allows for data collection and traceability
- Cost associated with the press, installation, programming, etc.
- Interruption/downtime to operations
- Comply to the latest safety standards
- Operator retraining
- Risk of the unknown
Read more about Stamping Press Solutions.
By Justin Dykstra
Senior Controls Engineer
Leave a question or comment: