Streamline your warehouse operations with a simple and robust system
Pick to Light is a light-directed system used for order fulfillment. The system uses light technology to direct workers on how to complete a task such as picking, putting, sorting, or assembling items. The light signifies the correct parts, quantities, and sequential steps needed to fulfill an order and alerts the operator if an error occurs. This improves order accuracy, lowers labor costs, increases operator efficiency, and maintains inventory accuracy.
Benefits of Pick to Light
- Increases efficiency: Pick to light systems can minimize operator movements and can follow an order through multiple work zones, helping reduce overall idle time.
- Easy training: New employees do not need extensive training on part numbers and types, they just need to be trained on how the system works and they are good to go!
- System integration: Pick to light systems can be a standalone system or can be integrated with an existing warehouse management system (WMS), enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management, or other warehouse systems.
- Go paperless: There is no need for operator lists or bill of materials that need to be printed out and leafed through.
- Improved order accuracy: This simple and streamlined system with error-lights means fewer picking errors and more accurate orders.
- Lower labor costs: Pick to light systems can improve operator efficiency, accuracy, and productivity resulting overall reduced labor costs.
- Maintain your inventory: Pick to light systems can send an alert when an item is running low, allowing for greater inventory visibility and control.
- Increased productivity: Pick to light systems are one of the fastest operator-based fulfillment strategies as it allows for the efficient collection of parts without a list.
Interested in learning more about pick to light systems and how they can benefit your operations? Let us know.
By Kevin Tesh
Senior Manager of Industrial Tech
Share this Blog Post
Leave a question or comment: