We asked FZers, "What does working at a West Michigan Best and Brightest Company mean to you?" Here's what they had to say:
- Hearing that FZ is a West Michigan Best and Brightest Company didn't come as a surprise to me.
- I'm proud to work at a company that actually lives into their purpose across all levels of the organization.
- This recognition isn't just an empty award but instead represents the work that every FZer does, every day.
- It takes strong values and leadership commitment to create the framework for a good company, but it takes people who are passionate about their purpose to actually make that company great.
What makes FZ a great place to work, and also a Best & Brightest Company? Here are some things FZers mentioned:
- Conscious recognition of employees and the value they bring. Being recognized for good work shouldn't just happen annually during a performance review. FZ leaders are intentional about calling out successes often, no matter how small.
- Opportunities for advancement. You're not pigeon-holed into a job.
- Authentic community involvement. I've noticed that community engagement can become a publicity-driven thing for many organizations. I appreciate that at FZ, it's an actual commitment.
- Never settling for the status quo, always looking to disrupt comfort and drive progress. There is an innate push for growth and learning here. I've always felt encouraged to learn and bring new ideas to the table.
- Committed to leading the industry by action. Most companies would like to consider themselves 'industry leaders' but aren't pushing boundaries or actually doing much. While FZers do sometimes experience growing pains, there is actual action around learning and incorporating what's new in the industry.
About Best & Brightest
The annual Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® award seeks to identify and honor regional organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their employee enrichment and human resource practices. Organizations are scored against a variety of criteria including employee education, work-life balance, recognition, retention, and communication. Feyen Zylstra has been recognized for many years as one of the Best and Brightest Companies to work for in West Michigan and Nationwide.
Interested in working at FZ?
Share this Blog Post