Work and earn as you learn.
Do any of these sound like you?
- Love to work with your hands
- A strong team player
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Honest and reliable
- Works well under pressure
- Appreciates variety in work environments and tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solver
If so, then a career as an electrical apprentice may be for you.
FZ’s Electrical Apprentice Program is created for those who are driven, passionate, and possess the skills needed to thrive within the electrical industry. With on-the-job training, you’ll earn while you learn over the course of four years and in the end, you'll be eligible to take your Journeyperson’s exam. Just think—after four years you'll be earning a lucrative wage and will have a rewarding career without being saddled with debt.
So, what does a typical day look like for an apprentice?
There is no typical day. As an apprentice—and as an electrician—every day provides a variety of different physical and mental challenges.
What does the process look like?
- Work on an FZ jobsite during the day—earning money and gaining hands-on experience.
- Attend class one night a week with your peers.
- After four years, you’ll have a U.S. Department of Labor certification (transferable and recognized country-wide).
- You’re ready for success! Graduates of our Apprenticeship Program have grown into various careers including master electricians, foremen, superintendents, account managers, group leaders, and business leaders.
Frequently Asked Questions
8,000+ on-the-job hours
Safety and skills training
FZimpact, our employee-driven community outreach program
Competitive hourly wage and benefits
Free education and books
Zero out-of-pocket costs
Work attire reimbursement
Mentored and taught by FZ leaders and educators
Opportunities for continued growth
Hear from the team.
FZer Spotlight: Jimmy Martin
"I appreciate FZ's benefits - good pay, good health insurance, good perks. I also really enjoy the work I get to do. I get to work on a broad spectrum of all types of electrical work and am not pigeon-holed into one type of thing. We have a saying in the field that we get to work on everything from "millivolts to lightning bolts." I love the variety and feel like I'm never bored."
FZer Spotlight: Brook Hefron
"I would 100% recommend taking the in-house approach of education over an online one... After talking with my peers who came up through the FZ program, they had actual mentors and teachers who would guide them through their workday and in the classroom. That's the ideal."
FZer Spotlight: Corey McCann
"I liked my time in Construction and feel like it exposed me to a variety of situations and skillsets. I also loved that after working on a facility, I could look at the finished product and feel ownership over my role. ...It set a strong foundation for what I do now."