Here are 10 reasons why you should upgrade to LED lights:
- They are energy efficient. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, LED lights use about 75-80% less energy than traditional incandescent light bulbs. For facilities where lights are running for extended periods of time, switching to LED lights can save millions of dollars annually.
- They last longer than incandescent and fluorescent bulbs. LED lights last up to 25 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs and each costs less than a $1/year to operate. Compared with a traditional incandescent bulb that requires nearly $5/year to operate, savings across the hundreds of bulbs in your facility quickly add up.
- They are reliable and efficient. Unlike traditional lighting which can take time to warm up, LED lights are turned on within nanoseconds, providing immediate light. Turning LED lights on and off doesn’t degrade their life expectancy, like it does for traditional incandescent and fluorescent bulbs.
- They require less maintenance. Since LED lights last longer and are more durable than their counterparts, they require drastically lower maintenance costs. In environments where lighting is hard to reach without special equipment, retrofitting these lights with longer-lasting LED lights drastically reduces maintenance costs.
- They emit very little heat. The majority of power that is used by incandescent bulbs is used to generate heat, not light. LEDs, on the other hand, emit very little heat no matter how long they’re used, thus saving energy and money, while lowering the risk of heat and fire.
- They are environmentally friendly. With energy savings of up to 80% compared to traditional lighting, LEDs operate in a more environmentally sustainable way. Besides providing a clean conscience regarding environmental impact, running a “green” business is beneficial. In a Nielsen report, 72% of Baby Boomers, 79% of Gen Xers, and 85% of Millennials say it’s “extremely important for businesses to implement programs to improve the environment.” Installing commercial LED lighting can be a great PR and hiring move.
- They are easily controllable. The ability to dim LED lights means that businesses have added control over how much energy they use according to lighting needs. As sunlight changes throughout the day, LEDs connected to automatic controls adjust as lighting demands change.
- They lower your utility bill. At 40% of your bill, lighting is an obvious place to start trimming costs. Upgrading your lighting system can reduce usage and overhead immediately, and also pay off in long-term energy efficiency.
- They are quiet. Traditional fluorescent lighting is often quite noisy. LEDs operate silently, thus minimizing the noise distraction to your employees.
- They often come with rebates. Because LED lighting is far more energy-efficient, many utility locations offer incentives and rebates for implementing energy efficiency upgrades.
Interested in seeing how much money you can save by upgrading your lights? Drop us a line and we’ll let you know!