Electrical Design Services
Our design capabilities outwork and outweigh our competition.
Partnering with Feyen Zylstra’s Design Services will save your company time and money through more efficient, feasible, and tested designs. Our team of engineers are professionally licensed in fourteen states and our staff includes LEED certified engineers, providing you with well-rounded, informed solutions. By incorporating industry best practices, safety, cost estimating, equipment integration, schedule impacts, and market knowledge all under one roof, we maximize the value that is delivered to you.
When we design, we do it with the end product in mind. Our familiarity with specific materials, labor costs, techniques, and code issues add tremendous value. While Design Build/Design Assist allows the owner to receive early and accurate pricing information, it also reduces large change orders as a guaranteed maximum price can be easily determined.
With design and construction overlapping, total project time is significantly reduced. Ideal for fast-track projects, Design Build/Design Assist’s time savings translate into lower costs and earlier utilization of the completed facility. With the Design Build/Design Assist approach, costs are also calculated upfront, allowing the customer’s wish list of facility features to be added to the initial building plans without any expensive or timely change orders causing construction delays.
With FZ overseeing design and construction, there is a single point of responsibility for cost, schedule adherence, and quality which improve risk management for the project. You can expect that we will produce an end product that fulfills aesthetic and functional objectives, while also meeting budget and schedule constraints. With one point of contact, you’ll spend less time and money coordinating and arbitrating between the designer and builder.
With the traditional competitive bid process, there is pressure to be the lowest bidder to secure the contract. With Design Build/Design Assist, the contractor guarantees that the design documents are complete and virtually free from mistakes, thus keeping quality high and error low.
From design to construction
Design Build Process
- Our Design Team meets with the extended project team to understand what the Owner values and expects of the project.
- Using input gleaned through the design meetings, we provide an electrical layout of all devices and fixtures.
- Our designers then input that information into a Revit model that is used by our entire team throughout the course of the project. Everything from raceways, cable trays, electrical panels, racking, and electrical rooms are entered into this model for full coordination between trades. This enhances the design by identifying potential constructability issues in advance, saving time and money.
- Using the design, our team identifies opportunities to employ prefabrication. With prefabrication, assemblies are prefabricated off-site in a controlled environment, then delivered to the site exactly as needed and when scheduled months ahead of time.
- When the design has been finalized, we schedule an official “hand-off” meeting between our preconstruction and construction teams. This ensures that the project's delivery plan is finalized and all insights are passed off and implemented effectively.
Design Build Experience
As a Design Services Partner, FZ provided electrical solutions for National Nail’s office and warehouse renovation project.
FZ provided the electrical construction throughout the multi-phase expansion of the North Lake Correctional Facility
Team FZ provided the complete electrical tenant, build out, and low voltage for the Four Seasons hotel in downtown
As a Design Build partner, Feyen Zylstra helped add value and streamline the production process in Amway’s Nutrilite
Feyen Zylstra provided all of the electrical work as a Design Services partner on Bridgestone Tower, a 1,000,000 square
Central Michigan University needed a facility that enhanced its laboratory and bioscience capabilities to provide better
Clemens Food Group relied of FZ for the electrical construction and design of their new industrial pork processing facility
Blog & News
The top four benefits of in-house design engineering A successful project starts with a successful project team. And that…
Design Build project delivery accounts for over 40% of all non-residential construction. Why is that? In simplest terms it…