Electrical Design & Fabrication
Our goal is to take your complex problems and make them simple.
We shine on projects where there is:
Design Build/Design Assist Solutions
Complex Industrial or Commercial Experience
Our design capabilities outweigh and outwork our competition.
Partnering with Feyen Zylstra’s Design Services will save your company time and money through more efficient, feasible, and tested designs. Our team of engineers are professionally licensed in fourteen states and our staff includes LEED certified engineers, providing you with well-rounded, informed solutions. By incorporating industry best practices, safety, cost estimating, equipment integration, schedule impacts, and market knowledge all under one roof, we maximize the value that is delivered to you.
When we design, we do it with the end product in mind. Our familiarity with specific materials, labor costs, techniques, and code issues add tremendous value. While Design Build/Design Assist allows the owner to receive early and accurate pricing information, it also reduces large change orders as a guaranteed maximum price can be easily determined.
With design and construction overlapping, total project time is significantly reduced. Ideal for fast-track projects, Design Build/Design Assist’s time savings translate into lower costs and earlier utilization of the completed facility. With the Design Build/Design Assist approach, costs are also calculated upfront, allowing the customer’s wish list of facility features to be added into the initial building plans without any expensive or timely change orders causing construction delays.
With FZ overseeing design and construction, there is a single point of responsibility for cost, schedule adherence, and quality which improve risk management for the project. You can expect that we will produce an end product that fulfills aesthetic and functional objectives, while also meeting budget and schedule constraints. With one point of contact, you’ll spend less time and money coordinating and arbitrating between the designer and builder.
With the traditional competitive bid process, there is pressure to be the lowest bidder to secure the contract. With Design Build/Design Assist, the contractor guarantees that the design documents are complete and virtually free from mistakes, thus keeping quality high and error low.
Our prefabrication capabilities solve—and prevent—your headaches.
Our experience, structure, processes, and communication style are our key differentiators. Our prefabricated assemblies are built off site in our 8,000 square foot prefabrication shop and then delivered to the site in conjunction with the construction schedule. This develops a just-in-time type delivery to alleviate and eliminate the excessive need for onsite storage and waste.
Value Recognized by our Customers
- Single point of responsibility for all electrical and low voltage systems
- The ability to fast track the delivery of a project
- The ability to lower overall project costs
- Greater focus on overall project quality
- Maximized collaboration
- Maximized resources
- Less congested worksite and increased safety
- Improved scheduling
- Reduced waste
- Electrical conduit racks, including conduit
- Electrical room equipment
- Underground duct banks
- Vertical and horizontal feeders
- Light fixtures
- In-slab rough-in materials
- Complete room installation kits
- Remote flush-mounted panels
- Branch wiring
- Underground electrical conduit riser rack assembly, including factory 90s, female PVC adapters, and rigid nipples
- In-wall conduit with four-square box, and mud ring for data, security, power, AV, and lighting systems
- Electrical room panelboard/riser support assembly
- Horizontal conduit racks to include all electrical systems with conduit sizes ¾” - 4”
- In-wall recessed panelboard assembly to include empty panel tub, conduit nipples, and electrical wireway
- Large quantity conduit bending greater than 2” in diameter
- Main lighting control assembly to include Lutron QP3, Lutron QSN’s, and the necessary wireway all mounted
- VFD rack assemblies include all strut needed to support conduits and mounting fee
Complex industrial and commercial projects—that's our bread and butter.
We lean into tough and challenging projects because we know that it provides us the opportunity to learn, grow, and delight our customers with new and innovative solutions. For this reason, we favor projects in the commercial and industrial industries that require high design, value engineering, or prefabrication capabilities and that may include specialty low voltage systems, electrical equipment wiring and process controls, or highly integrated systems. These projects are not plug and chug and require the unique combination or skill and experience that we pride ourselves in.
Blog & News
Design Build, Design Assist, and Traditional Bid Speck; three different ways of approaching construction projects. Each approach can drive…
With the rise in technology-driven hybrid, outdated, inefficient technology casts a larger shadow in workplaces. The issues we used…